Today’s Remembrance Concert was a great success, not only in the quality of playing but in the numbers in the audience. Many people attended the band’s free concert. The pieces played were from the World War eras including hymns and marches: music to make you reflect and to get your feet tapping.
The afternoon included many highlights:
- Remembrance – Commemoration Ceremony
- Colin Smith on the Bugle
- Sue Smith entertaining and informing us with her compering
- A Militaria Display provided by Darren Smedley
- Singing along with the band – Packing up our troubles etc.
- Singing both the New Zealand and Australian national anthems
- Brenton Brockhouse presented Simon Brewer with a Certificate of Appreciation and a Patron of the Band Badge – life membership of the band, recognising Simon’s many years of supporting and helping the band.
- Afternoon tea and a raffle for a beautiful handmade quilt.
It was a great effort by the band, providing us with an excellent afternoon of music.